[FW1] VPN with HA Firewalls betwwen hardware Load Balancer

Dear FW admins,

      I would like to set up a VPN between a "regular" FW1 and a
      cluster of firewalls running in parallel, all behind a hardwrae
      load balancer.

      My problem is that we're NOT using the "gateway cluster" feature
      of FW1 (we don't need it), we just synchronize connection
      tables. Also, only the load balancer has a public IP
      adress (we can't talk to the firewalls)

      Has anyone any experience in doing something like that ? Is the
      "gateway cluster" feature NECESSARY to do IKE VPNs, namely, is
      it used to synchronize crypto keys between the nodes ?
      Since I can only do the VPN with the load balancer, I cannot be
      sure of what firewall (amongst the cluster) will get the VPN
      request, is that a problem ?
      What about the fail over ?

      Any experience much appreciated.

--
 Cedric Amand                           mailto:[email protected]