-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Amin
Tora
Sent: May 30, 2001 12:50 AM
To: fw-1-mailinglist
Subject: RE: [FW1] rainwall and stonebeat

Considering the StoneBeat bashing so far...

As far as the Software HA solutions:

Our company provides both solutions (Rainfinity and StoneBeat) and we have
certainly not "thrown" ourselves at Rainfinity.

Rainfinity is very easy to install/configure.  While StoneBeat does take
some brain cells, I have seen it perform very well over the past 4 years.
StoneBeat does provide the advantage of having multiples nodes in the
cluster and using multicast.

Overall, both products offer a good solution. Each has its advantages and
disadvantages.

Download both products, and see which one is more appealing to you in terms:

-security
-ease of installation
-ease of management
-solving your HA needs
-solving your traffic load requirements
-fitting into your budget

As far as the relationship, I think Check Point is fair minded in terms of
the OPSEC certification.  Personally, any sudden ideas of de-certification
as an OPSEC solution rather quickly would seem drastic just because they
announced a new firewall. Any vendor with a better firewall solution and the
right marketing should lead the market anyways!  ;)

Amin Tora, CISSP
ePlus Technology
http://www.eplus.com
NASDAQ: PLUS