-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of FW1
Mailing list
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 5:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] rainwall and stonebeat

You are indeed right in that Stonebeat should give you more hits, as they
have been on the market for a longer time. But that said, is where the
comparison stops.
Stonesoft has announced that they're coming out with their own firewall, and
I probably dont need to tell anyone what that is going to do with the
relationship between them. You'll most probably see that Stonesoft some time
in the future no longer is an OPSEC partner.
Lets just say that almost every company I know in this country that used to
sell Stonebeat, are these days throwing themselves at Rainfinity...
I think Stonebeat has more or less wiped themselves out of the market...
trying to launch their own firewall, what are they thinking ?
Anyways: Rainfinity was hijacking the market before this ever got out in the
open. Rainwall outperforms Stonebeat anyday both in ease of installation and
throughput. And my impression is that even Check Point regards Rainwall as
the top-notch solution!!

Rgds
ASC