RE: [FW1] Sending mail alerts via NT mgmt station

>I am running a Firewall MOdule on Nokia IP650, and the management station
is
>on NT.  I am trying to configure certain rules in my rule base to kick off
>e-mails.  Currently in the Mail Alert Command field of the Log and Alert
tab
>of the properties, I have the following:
>
>%FWDIR%\bin\sendmail -s Alert -t ..xxx.xxx [email protected]
>
>(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = our smtp server)
>
>Nokia support is coming back to me stating that there is no CLI driven mail

>client for NT that they are aware of.  Does anyone else have an NT Firewall

>Mgmt Station that sends mail alerts?  If so, can you please help me to get
>this thing properly configured?  I'm finding it hard to believe that I HAVE

>to be running a Solaris mgmt station in order to utilize mail alerts.

Scott,

... sendmail should be installed.

Try just putting "sendmail -s Alert -t xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [email protected]"
- the Mgmt daemon knows to look into the $FWDIR/bin directory for the
executables...

Amin Tora, CISSP
ePlus Technology
http://www.eplus.com