From: John Schneider [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 11:39 AM
To: Firewall-1 Mailinglist
Subject: [FW1] Re: LTO restore performance - seek problem?

Greetings,
    I am the one who originally started this thread about the LTO slow
performance during a restore, but now I see that many people are seeing
it.
    I put the 1550 microcode on our 3583, and retried the 3.5 GB restore
that originally took 13 hours, and this time it only took 1 hour 40
minutes.  That is a pretty drastic improvement, and puts it within
tolerable limits.
    I am sorry to hear that other people using 1550 are still having
slow performance during stgpool backups.  I don't see what they are
doing that is different than what I am doing.  Our daily stgpool backups
run in the expected amount of time.

John Schneider

* John D. Schneider   Email: [email protected] * Phone:* Lowery Systems, Inc.
* 1329 Horan                  Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are
* Fenton, MO 63026                   mine and mine alone.