[FW1] Hits on certain ports... What are they used for?

Lately I've seen bursts of hits from a source trying a small set of ports on
a destination. Later the same source may try another destination. Other
sources will also try the same set of ports on other destinations. I assume
the sources are looking for vulnerabilities or trojan servers, but haven't
had any success finding out which ones:

2400
3879
5300
6635
8282
9112
9705
11753
22223
22252
39168

There are a few others that show up in the same set, but these are the ones
I haven't a label for.
Anybody know what any of these are used for?

Thanks...

Chuck Sterling
System / Network Administrator
NASA White Sands Test Facility
Las Cruces, New Mexico, USAMagic is REAL, unless declared INTEGER