-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Paul
Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 11:40 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Single Nokia IP to two outbound switches

How bout this:

       Internal

       Nokia
     /      \
Switch   Switch
     \      /
      Router

     The world

Suppose inbetween my firewall and internet router, there were two switches
configured in failover.

So if anything went wrong with one switch, it would failover to the other.

Logically, this would require two external interfaces on my Nokia, one
connected to one switch, the other to the other.

Having said that I can't think how to implement this, on the Nokia, or in
fw-1.

Has anyone any comments?  Ignore the router end of this for the moment.

Cheers,

Paul.

CRESTCo Ltd.             The views expressed above are not necessarily those
33 Cannon Street.        held by CRESTCo Limited.
London  EC4M 5SB (UK)
+44 (020) 7849 0000     http://www.crestco.co.uk