From: Rajesh [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 23 May 2001 02:04
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] fw upgrade problem from 3.0b to 4.0

Hi,

I upgraded the firewall module from ver 3.0b to 4.0 (on sparc machine
running
solaris 2.6). The management console is on a different machine (ver 4.0
running
on sun sparc). After I upgraded I managed to install the policy from
management
console once. When I tried to install the policy later it didn't work. I get
the
following error message:

TODAY:
Compiled OK.

Installing Security Policy /var/opt/CKPfw/conf/TODAY.pf on all.all@foonix
Authentication for command load failed
Failed to Install Security Policy on foonix: Unauthorized action

I tried to do 'putkeys' and followed all the instructions given on phoneboy
web
site. It didn't work at all.

I tried 'as a last resort' solution given on phoneboy. I disabled putkey
authentication entirely by editing control.map file on both firewall module
and
management console. I used 'none' as the authentication system. It worked
fine.

I can't really figure out why it works if I don't use any authentication
system
and it doesn't work if I use authentication system.

Anyone had a similar problem. I need to solve this problem as soon as
possible.
I don't want to disable the authentication system.

Thanks,
Rajesh.