Re: [FW1] Improving FW-1 Performance?

Hi,
another reason for a slow FW-1 might be the "Name Resolving" of the Log Viewer
(Security Log). The reverse DNS takes time and so the log entries may queue. Have
you tried to turn it off in the Log Viewer (Menu - Options)?
BTW, don't turn it off in the Active Log, otherwise in some versions the Block
Intruder will not work.
Hope it helps,
best regards
Matthias

Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar wrote:

> Running FW-1 on NT SP6a., 512 RAM, Dell Poweredge 6300.
> Since Fw-1 installation , it seems Internet access has gone down to the
> lowest level ever known (at least here :) ).We had a Proxy server solution
> before which was very slow already.
> I ve checked fw ctl pstat and i got: 80% Memory Bytes UNUSED.I ve checked
> CPU ussage and it reaches to 8% the highest.
> I ve followed partially Checkpoint Tuning guide for Windows NT and even so ,
> I ve not got an evident improvement over Proxy solution.
> BTW, I was told this set of tunings were not quite sucessful in order to get
> a better fw performance.
>
> Question:What else should i look into to get a better performance of
> Firewall-1?

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;home:+49 89 69759390
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.aerasec.de
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662 Hohenbrunn;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard