[FW1] Use of this list

I have noticed in my own interactions with this list that many people tend to respond privately to questions or otherwise that are posted.

I am sure that I am not the only one who views relevant questions from others and look for responses to those questions.

If the responses are private, this must surely lead to the same questions being asked over and over.

Else the dreaded "me too!" posts where multiple emails in response to the original get posted so that anyone who can help will respond to all interested parties.

If something has not been covered in the archives, then surely the best for all concerned is that responses should go to the list until it is pertinent to take the dialog offlist?

I do however understand that some people will not want to respond publically regardless.

Any comments?

Paul Murphy.

CRESTCo Ltd.             The views expressed above are not necessarily those
33 Cannon Street.        held by CRESTCo Limited.
London  EC4M 5SB (UK)
+44 (020) 7849 0000     http://www.crestco.co.uk