[FW1] "How To" for AOL 6.0 & SecuRemote

Excellent point !!!

The "Launch AOL" step that Steve describes below is an absolute necessity
prior to making the registry hacks I described earlier

Subject: RE: [FW1] "How To" for AOL 6.0 & SecuRemote
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:03:52 -0400
From: "Koch, Steve" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>

Misha,

I started from scratch to see if everything would work.  I noticed that
if I didn't launch AOL to let it do it's wacky rebind, reconfigure thing
prior to making the registry changes, it doesn't work.  So basically, I
had to:

1.  Install SR.  Reboot.
2.  Launch AOL to allow it to 'repair itself', rebind or whatever it
does.  Close AOL.
3.  Make your registry changes.  Reboot.

And it works.

If I swap steps 2 and 3, it doesn't work.  As a matter of fact, it seems
to break AOL.  I can't even browse the web.

Steve