RE: [FW1] Multiple subnets on CP Nokia IP330

Here's 3 parts to your answer:

a) You can use Voyager to add another IP address to a NIC.  We have several
IP650s that have 4 subnets onto one physical interface.

b) Where are you adding the new subnet?  From your message, it sounds like
you want it "in front" of the FireWall, on the same network as your existing
external IP?  If you want the new subnet protected, tell your ISP to forward
all the traffic to your existing external interface.  Your 330 turns into a
"frouter" and routes the traffic to one of your internal interfaces that has
the new IP your ISP has assigned.  Depending on if you are allowing external
resources in, it can be bad to have 2 subnets on 1 NIC (especially if you're
on a hub versus a switched network!)

c) You only need to license the external IP if you are getting rid of your
current external IP.

HTH,

-john