Re: [FW1] Installation on Linux

Dear Aeon,

At first you need to install CPfw1 itself. You can find the package from Check Point CD. I have a CD with label "Check Point 2000 Enterprise Suite v4.1.2". The right package is in the linux/CPfw1-41 folder with name CPfw1-41-vpn+des.i386.rpm.
You can install it with command 'rpm -Uvh CPfw1-41-vpn+des.i386.rpm'
Before you do it you need to install package sharutils. You can find it here, for example: ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/6.2/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS//sharutils-4.2.1-2.i386.rpm. Install: 'rpm -Uvh sharutils-4.2.1-2.i386.rpm'

After that, you can install CP sp3 with command "rpm -Uvh --replacefiles sp3-package-name.rpm"

Reboot the machine and run cpconfig. Configure the firewall-1 and enjoy :)

--
Regards,
Ahti Akel