From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 11:38 PM
To: Juppunov, George
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] Does FireWall-1 Pass SNA Traffic ?

I think the point was there that the OS will route whatever it's configured
for (say IPX), but the firewall will only inspect IP.

"Juppunov, George" <[email protected]>@lists.us.checkpoint.com
on 08/05/2001 23:46:26

Sent by:  [email protected]

To:   "'Daniel Hitchcock'" <[email protected]>, "'Elliot
      Spiegel/Markham/IBM'" <[email protected]>, Lior Arbel/Israel/IBM
       <[email protected]>
cc:   [email protected]

RE: [FW1] Does FireWall-1 Pass SNA Traffic ?
Checkpoint will not pass IPX traffic and SNA is very  much routable. You do
need to encapsulate
as  Elliot suggested, however bear in mind that your firewall will not be
able to look higher up the stack.

George