Re: [FW1] Manual IPsec with CPFW-1 4.1 SP3

Hi,

I found the following in the Nokia Knowledgebase, wich suggests that
this is correct, I'm very surprised that there is no mention of it on
the Checkpoint Knowledgebase. As a matter of fact Nokia has become my
first place to search if I have a Checkpoint (or Nokia) problem :

Resolution 5183
Does FireWall-1 4.1 SP3 support Manual IPSEC?

Check Point FireWall-1,   Site-to-Site VPN
for version: 4.1 SP3  Only
last update: 03/12/2001 12:53:55

Nokia release notes for Check Point FireWall-1 4.1 SP3 state that Manual
IPSEC is not supported. 4.1 SP3 on other platforms makes no mention of
this. Also, there are other notes that refer to specific Manual IPSec
features, which makes this all the more confusing.

SOLUTION
After 4.1 SP3 was released for other platforms, but before it was
released on Nokia, Check Point noticed that Manual IPSEC didn't work.
They did not fix this in our version either, which is why our release
notes contain a note about this and theirs does not. We have obtained
the hotfix for this problem, which is a replacement for the fw binary.
Download the appropriate version for your encryption type:...(stuff
deleted)........

Regards,
Arnor Arnason
EJS