RE: [FW1] IBM 5494 Connection

David,

Again, if it's set up to bridge IP traffic, and this requires support on
the AS/400 side as well, it will be a bridge, not a router.  Bridges are
transparent from an IP perspective, so the next node "over" with an IP
address will probably be the AS/400, or perhaps a node on a LAN attached to
the AS/400 (probably the first).  Bridges do not get IP addresses (except
for management, in some cases).

Are you, in fact, trying to use the link back to the AS/400 site to carry
IP (eg. the AS/400 site is acting as your ISP), or are you trying to
provide access to the 5494 via TCP/IP (eg. via TN5250)?  I'm not sure the
latter is possible.

-Robert