[FW1] Any have a "how-to" on VPN between networks using the same address space?????

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW1] Any have a "how-to" on VPN between networks using the same address space?????
  • From: "Mark Pelkoski" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:03:01 -0600
  • Cc: "Greg Byrd" <[email protected]>
  • Sender: [email protected]

Hey everybody:
We have another company who wants to set up a LAN-to-LAN VPN between our
two FW-1 Firewalls, but we are both using the same Non-routable subneted
address space. Anybody done this before? I have an idea on how to do it,
but I'm looking for some experience out there so I can learn of the
potential pitfalls. With the world using more hide NATing, I guess this
scenario is inevitable until IPv6 comes along.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Pelkoski, MCP, CCSE
Network Security Engineer
micronpc.com