RE: [FW1] FW-1(NT) and Websense

Title: RE: [FW1] FW-1(NT) and Websense

Jaime,

As a base, do not run Websense directly on your FW. It will definetaly kill
it.

Agreed. However, WSense does not take up much CPU, just memory. Its the sec. server that does. Take a look at the CPU utilization on Websense its usually quite low.

Install the software on another WS and use the LEA option to get the logs to
your WS, or export the logs and copy them to the WS for diagnostics.

Websense does not have a "LEA" option. We right all our logs in our own format. We do have a text based troubleshooting "log server" if you need it (it is accessible from our tech support dept).

Not a good idea at all to use third party stuff, especially software that
uses a hell of a lot of CPU and memory such as Websense does.

Mike