[FW1] Proxy and Intranet + FireWall

All,

Currently I have a setup where 99% of the users access the Internet via an
internal proxy, and only the proxy is allowed out to the Internet. The proxy
server is hard-coded into the browsers and the users can't change it.

So the setting is :

Local-Net -> Proxy -> FireWall -> Internet

The company wants to add an Intranet server, and force the users to place
their favourites as well as browse from this server.

So the home page for all users will be the Intranet server, and they will
then click on links on their personalized home page, to surf the net.

So in effect it now becomes :

Local-Net -> Intranet-Server -> Proxy -> FireWall -> Internet

The wonderfull issue with my current situation, is that I can take logs off
of the proxy server as to what each user is doing or has done.

In the new scenario (as far as I can see), I will no longer be able to see
individuals, but only the Intranet server in the proxy logs, and will have
no way of getting the data as to what the users really did.

I do not want to use transparent proxy for various reasons.

Am I right in my way of thinking on this ? or will the users actions still
be logged on the proxy dur to the fact that the user is still browsing off
of his machine, or am I right to think that only the Intranet server will be
logged ?

If I'm right, is there some way to still see what each individual does ?

All thoughts appreciated, and more info can be added if needed in order to
assist with this.

Thanks,

Mike Glassman
System & Security Admin
Israeli Airports Authority
Ben-Gurion Airport
http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il

Tel : 972-3-9710785
Fax : 972-3-9710939
Email : [email protected]

Usage of this email address or any email address at iaa.gov.il for the
purpose of sales pitches, SPAM or any other such unwanted garbage, is
illegal, and any person, whether corporate or alone doing so, will be
prosecuted to the fullest possible extent.