Re: [FW1] checking if port 25 is listening on firewall

Greetings!

> > NDUKU MUNYARADZI wrote:
> >
> > Hie
> > Is there a way for me to check from within my network i.e from my
> > Exchange server whether port 25 is listening on the firewall.
> >
> > May be can I telnet my firewall on port 25 and get an smtp connection
> > is this also possible for my ISP to check if port 25 is listening on
> > my firewall by way of telneting into the firewall on port 25

Yes, you already gave the answer yourself - exiting is done with the command QUIT
(+Enter) btw. But the tricky part is wether the firewall is LISTENING on port 25
itself or wether it just lets port 25 PASS to the mailserver.

Bye
    Volker

--

Volker Tanger  <[email protected]>