From: "Ahti Akel" <[email protected]>
To: "Aeon" <[email protected]>
Cc: "checkpoint" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 5:37 AM
Subject: Re: [FW1] Installation on Linux

> Dear Aeon,
>
> At first you need to install CPfw1 itself. You can find the package from
Check Point CD. I have a CD with label "Check Point 2000 Enterprise Suite
v4.1.2". The right package is in the linux/CPfw1-41 folder with name
CPfw1-41-vpn+des.i386.rpm.
> You can install it with command 'rpm -Uvh CPfw1-41-vpn+des.i386.rpm'
> Before you do it you need to install package sharutils. You can find it
here, for example:
ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/6.2/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS//sharutils-4.2
.1-2.i386.rpm. Install: 'rpm -Uvh sharutils-4.2.1-2.i386.rpm'

> After that, you can install CP sp3 with command "rpm -Uvh --replacefiles
sp3-package-name.rpm"

> Reboot the machine and run cpconfig. Configure the firewall-1 and enjoy :)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ahti Akel
> Stallion Ltd.
>
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:32:04PM -0400, Aeon wrote:
> > Can anybody please give me some assistance in the installation of CP sp3
on linux (redhat 6.2)?  I've download sp2, and sp3 from Checkpoint's site
and it's saying that I need CPfw1 and sharutils as dependencies.  I'm not a
expert on Linux so I'm not sure what to do.  I tried to install Linux off of
the Checkpoint CD that I have but there are only MetaIP products under the
Linux directory.  Any assistance would be great.