Re: [FW1] IBM 5494 Connection

David,

Are your trying to use the 5494 as a bridge for IP traffic?  If so, then
there's not too much to do (other than setting up the 5494 and its partner
bridge), although I've never done it personally.  The local LAN will appear
to be on the same subnet as the LAN on the "other" side of the pair of
bridges, and the bridges (as always) will be transparent to the IP layer of
things, even though the 5494 is quite a traditional bridge.

You may care to check out the 5494 doc:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/CO20BK05

Chapter 8 of the "5494 Planning Guide" talks about the bridging support.

-Robert