RE: [FW1] Advice on FW-1 performance with Trend VirusWall and eManager CVP

Title: RE: [FW1] Advice on FW-1 performance with Trend VirusWall and eManager CVP
As Darrin said, you will want to load balance the CVP features using CVPM.  Information on this ios avaolable in the .pdf docs on the CD and in the CP course and admin guide.  Choice of operating system should be based on familiarity, cost, throughput, functionality of solutions running on that OS, and supportability.  No one can answer that one for you, but both W2K and Solaris are fine.  I prefer the cheap solution and Linux is getting to be the choiced pretty quickly for cost reasons alone.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Darrin Johansen
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 12:09 AM
To: Eric Appelboom; '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: [FW1] Advice on FW-1 performance with Trend VirusWall and eManager CVP

My impression of CVP is that it starts to struggle with 500 connections, and certainly has problems with over 1000 (this is what Trend said regarding using Interscan Viruswall for http and ftp browsing) connections (we planned to use Win2k)

You can have more than one trend box, and with your load levels I would recommend it.

Trend and eManager works well for email, with quick updates and most people I know who use it like it. CVP has caused me a few problems in the past, but once you get an idea about how it works its ok..

Cheers, dj