[FW1] TCP max seg size problems with DSL?

Hey Scott--

From: Scott Schindler <[email protected]>

Are you sure this is not a spoofing protection issue? Are you getting rejects on rule 0 in your log? What are you getting in your log? How is the interface the web server is running on configured for spoof protection?

I believe the firewall is correctly configured and spoofing protection is not an issue. Here
is why:

1) The same system on the trusted network runs a mail server. NAT to the mail server
works just fine and I have no problems sending mail inbound or outbound.

2) I can view the web page with certain browsers on certain OSs that handle the MSS
issue well (IE5 on NT 4.0, SP5 and lynx 2.8r2 on BSD/OS 4.0.

3) From the LAN between the firewall and the router, everything works just fine. I honestly
can't remember what spoofing protection set to, but I don't have any rule problems.

4) CheckPoint tech support says I have everything configured properly. The logs show

Christopher J. Wargaski
RMS Information Technology Integrators