RE: [FW1] Changing Firewall-1 ip address

Hi Ben.

I am sure I am missing a number of things, but these are a couple that come to mind:

-depending on the configuration, change the IP of the router sitting outside the firewall to the new network
-change appropriate routes on the router if your configuration warrants it (also update things like egress ACLs, etc.)
-change the firewall IP
-change and apply the new firewall/SR license
-inform users in advance of new firewall IP for SR if appropriate (also tell them to update their topologies if you don't have it setup to do it automatically)
-inform partners and others who site-to-site VPN into you of new firewall IP if appropriate
-change host address assignment on firewall's host file
-if management is separate, change host address assignment of firewall in mgmt's host file
-change routes on firewall where needed
-update firewall object IP
-update firewall object interfaces list
-update and insure your anti-spoofing rules are applied
-update other appropriate objects (networks, encryption domains, servers, NAT rules, etc.)
-re-do putkeys with management and affected firewalls if appropriate
-re-push all polices to all firewalls controlled by that management console (I usually do all of them for a comfort level)
-also make sure the firewalls can properly fetch policy properly
-update any DNS records if needed (possible reverse/in-addr.arpa lookups for necessary IPs, NAT IPs, etc.)
-flush all ARP cache's/FDBs, etc on the routers, firewalls, switches

I then usually cold reboot the firewall if the installation allows it to make sure it all comes up as it should.... Hey, I am weird....

Let me know if other things come to mind.

Thanks.

Jarrett