[FW1] Auth with RADIUS is not working

Hello
After we have updated our RADIUS server i can not authenticate
any more. If i use 'radpwtst' on the commandline, everything
is ok. See this:

---cut here---
root@myfirewall [/usr/local/radius] >>bin/radpwtst -d ./raddb/ -p 1645 -s localhost me@myrealm
Merit AAA server Version 3.6B mway3.44 , licensed software
COPYRIGHT 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Password:
'me@myrealm' authentication OK
rout@myfirewall [/usr/local/radius] >>
---cut here---

The firewall can not authenticate.
Here is what happens on the screen:

---cut here---
hajo@workstation ~$ telnet myfirewall 259
Trying 333.333.333.333...
Connected to myfirewall.domain.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
Check Point FireWall-1 Client Authentication Server running on myfirewall
User: me@myrealm
RADIUS password: *******
RADIUS servers not responding
---cut here---

The RADIUS logfile states, that the Authentication ist OK
but the firewall seems to ignore this answer. After 2
retries, the 'RADIUS servers not responding' messages is
sent out. What is the Authentication Client expecting? Can
anybody help me?
Thank you
--
Hans-Joachim Hoetger               voice: +49-5246-80-1555
mediaWays GmbH                        NMW-T1 (Technologie)

"Gut ist auch des Emporkommen von Linux als Herausforderer
von Microsoft."       Angela Merkel (Die Zeit, 4.Mai 2000)