RE: [FW1] [FW1 VPN] - one way only? - I need help

you will need the same rule in the other direction.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Patrick Lotti
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 5:13 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] [FW1 VPN] - one way only? - I need help

 Hi,

I tried to set up an IPSec VPN with pre-shared keys, using SSH Sentinel.
The basic key exchange works, and I can send packets from my client
through the fw into my intranet. But the replies out of the intranet aren't
protected.
Packet exchange is like this:
SSH Sentinel -> FW1:    Send packet with ESP protection
FW1 -> Intranet-Server: Sends packet, without protection (Conn req.)
Intrant-Server -> FW1:   Reply packet, without encryption (Ack)
FW1 -> SSH Sentinel:    Reply packet, without encryption (Ack)
...and then some more packets, and replies with (Ack+Sync)

Firewall rules are:
Source:          Dest:               Service Action
SSH Sentinel  FW1               IPSEC Accept
FW1              SSH Sentinel   IPSEC Accept
SSH Sentinel  Intranet            Any     Encrypt

Any help is welcome!

Patrick Lotti