From: gf b [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 10:55 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] gfb: fw1 management station not logging

Hi there,

I'm having a small problem with a fw1 4.1 sp3 management station running on
NT Server 4.0, controlling two Nokia IP650s.
After going through a process of changing the management station ip,
applying a new license, changing the rule base objects to reflect the
changes and editing all the hosts files, the management station has stopped
logging traffic from the firewall modules.
I have a feeling it has to do with the fact firewalls are'nt able to
download the policy from the management station when I do a restart. But the

strange thing is, when I try to upload the policy from the management
station to the firewalls, I get a success message confirming that the policy

has been successfully installed on the firewalls?!
I have confirmed that there is connectivity from the management station to
the firewalls and viceversa.
I have also done putkeys several times, edited the control.map file and
added an entry for the management station ip. I have also confirmed the same

type of encryption is occuring for the different services in the control.map

file.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Gabriel