RE: [FW1] unknown established tcp packet

Check in the archives this has been discussed and answered quite a few
times.

Alos check on Phoneboy FAQ 408 it tell you what causes this and how to solve
it :

FireWall-1 has significantly changed how it deals with established TCP
connections. Whereas FireWall-1 versions prior to 4.1 SP2 used to try and
recover TCP connections for which it did not have a connections table entry,
it now simply drops these packets on the floor on rule 0 with this error
message. Earlier versions would also drop these packets and display this
message (or unknown reason code:12) <0355.html>, but only after an attempt
at recovering the connection failed. In 4.1, you can revert to the old
behaviour by adding the following to $FWDIR/lib/fwui_head.def:
#define ALLOW_NON_SYN_RULEBASE_MATCH
You can disable logging of these packets in FireWall-1 4.1 base or 4.1 SP1
by commenting out the following line in $FWDIR/lib/fwui_head.def (place two
forward slashes '//' in front of the line).
#define CLUSTER_RULEBASE_MATCH_LOG
In FireWall-1 4.1 SP2 and later, you would comment out the following line in
$FWDIR/lib/fwui_head.def:
#define NON_SYN_RULEBASE_MATCH_LOG

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien à vous - Kind regards

Guy ROELANDTS
EMEA CS Internet Expertise Centre
Compaq Software Engineer - Belgium
E-mail : [email protected]
Tel: +32(02)729.77.44 (options  3 - 3 - 1)