RE: [FW1] Looking for example rules

> I am new to FW1.

Welcome.

> Trying to find some help with rules on FW1.

You've come to a good place for it...

>Does anyone know where to find some example rules and their explanation.
>Specifically, I need to figure out how to authenticate users trying to
>access http, ftp, telnet, ...etc.
>Also need to create some rules for VPN users, only allowing them access to
>certain mail and file servers.

You can find all of this information in their product documentation.  They
have very good explanations along with rule base screen shots that you can
learn from.  See the PDF files that come on your Check Point CD...

Amin Tora, CISSP
ePlus Technology
http://www.eplus.com
NASDAQ: PLUS