[FW1] SIMPLE QUESTION

Hi,

I just installed my evaluation copy of fw-1 version 4.1 on my Sun ultra workstation. My workstation has Solaris 8 as OE and two network cards, one hme0 to my private internal-net and one ba0 with lane emulation (lane0) to my external-net. Lane0 has a public IP-address.

My problem is how to get the packets with NAT to communicate with the external net??

In network objects I have configured:

myGateway:     as internal and with two network cards.
internal-net:      with address translation and hide behind the public IP-address at lane0.

internal-net generates two rules in my Address Translation Protocol:
destination    any
destination    local

In the Security Policy Access Control I type my first rule just to test that the packets are going through:

Source                internal-net
Destination          any
Service                any
Action                 accept
Track                   none
Install On             all

when I now try to ping a computer in my external-net, I don't get the reply.

Other information:
FW-1 is enabled at boot and generates something like:
"Fetching Security Policy from localhost failed "

Questions:
Can it be because Im using Solaris8?
I have done fw putlic "registration code" but do I have to do it one more time?
As source, do I have to put both the internal-net and the client in source?
Do I have to set the ip_forwarding from 0 to 1 or does fw-1 handle that?

thanks for listening.
andreas Olsson