Re: [FW1] Upgrading Firewall-4.0 to Firewall-4.1

I just finished the upgrade last week-
My biggest suggestion would be to install on another machine if available.  This
will give you the option of rolling back if any portion fails, and will allow you to
view old policy/object information that might have been blown in the upgrade.
I installed the simple 4.0 install for backout from the cd, copied *.conf from
current installation to new /conf directory.  The 4.1 installation was pretty
straight forward and grabbed current /conf information.   I did run into some
problems with Solaris where it had problems creating /dev/fw.  Easily corrected from
the support site (basically remove a file from conf and re-run cpconfig).  Be very
thorough however when the upgrade is complete with your objects.  Some of the
workstations had incorrect information; for me it was spoofing rules etc.
Good Luck!

Casey DeBerry
Security Engineer
Navidec Inc.
[email protected]

"Grosse, Garry" wrote:

>  I'm getting ready to upgrade our firewall from version 4.0 to 4.1, and I
> was just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of before I do so.
> Will the update install automatically, or will I have to relicense all the
> cert keys?  Any other hints, gotchas, etc, would be helpful.
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>  Garry

begin:vcard
n:DeBerry;Casey
tel;cell:tel;fax:tel;work:x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Navidec Inc.;Operations
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Security Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;6399 S. Fiddlers Green Circle=0D=0A#300;Greenwood Village;Colorado;80111;USA
fn:Casey DeBerry
end:vcard