Re: [FW1] RE: PPTP thru FW1

I am sorry for sounding so foolish. I have set up static and Hide NATs already. Actually I meant whenever I try to add a service with gre protocol in the NAT rule (whether in a package or alone) Mgmt. console says this service is not allowed for NAT.

Thanks
Naresh

From: Michael Tench <[email protected]>
To: Naresh Narang <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] RE: PPTP thru FW1
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

To perform a manual static nat:

Use the policy editor:
1) Create object "foo"
2) Create an object called "foo-external"
3) Click on the tab labeled "address translation"
4) Add a rule in the address translation policy original packet section with
a source of object foo to destination of any. In the translation section
enter a source of foo-external and destination of any.
5) Add another rule in the address translation policy original packet
section with a source of object any and a destination of object
foo-external. In the translation section enter a source of any and a
destination of foo.
6) On the firewall create a route from foo external to foo. (In other words,
Unix...route add 192.168.16.5 10.2.1.3 1

You can also do this automatically, but I foind that it is easier to do this
manually if you operate a number of firewalls.

Michael Tench

On Tue, 01 May 2001 05:44:35 , Naresh Narang wrote:

> But how does one perform static or any NAT. Mgmt console does not let me
do
> it.
>
> Naresh
>

> >From: "Carl E. Mankinen" <[email protected]>