AW: [FW1] Meta IP - integration with fw-1

hi,

meta ip works the following way. 1. ) every nt domain controller has a piece
of software from metaip installed 2.) you have to enable the auditing of
domain logon´s. when a user boots up his workstation he gets an ip-adress
from the meta-ip dhcp server, when he logs on and authenticate himself
aginst the domain controller the little piece of meta-ip software on the dc
talks to a specific service on the meta-ip dhcp server which writes an entry
in an access database on it. on the checkpoint side you are now able to
authentice users and not ip adresses because the firewall is able to talk
with the meta-ip dhcp server. in your case: 1.) no, you can´t get a list of
users from meta-ip 2.) i would define the 100 users in a deny group or
something like that plus a generic user (generic here means any user that is
successfully authenticated by nt and that is not defined in the firewall
user database) 3.) now you can write a rule in which you deny the
"deny-group" any access to the internet and in the following rule you can
allow the generic user access to the internet. i think this will do the
trick. for further or deeper information please read the document  "How to
configure the UAM and Firewall-1 for Single Sign-On" form the Checkpoint
Support Site http://www.checkpoint.com/techsupport/index.html  (Public
Configuration Docs).

hope that helps

/wolfgang