Re: [FW1] LDAP

Jonathan,

I did a several succesfull integrations with Novell's eDirectory (NDS) LDAP v3 server.  What you need to do is take the .LDIF file from your FW1 CD and use that to extend the schema of your LDAP server.  In that way you can specify ecerything in your LDAP tree with your preferred LDAP management tool.

Another way is that you choose the default settings for authentication in the LDAP Server properties of your fw1 and then you don't have to extend your schema: your fw1 will use its default settings and just search for objectname=user.

Kind rgds,

Patrick Coomans.
4all NetWorks, your Networking partner!
Molenstraat 65 - 2840 Reet - Belgium
Tel +32-3-880.75.75  Fax 880.75.71

 "   Over-reliance on experience
  leads to making the same mistakes
 with increasing levels of confidence.  "

>>> "Jonathan Zuilkowski" <[email protected]> 27/04/01 16:14 >>>

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how checkpoint ties in to ldap.

What I need to know specifically is what attribute combination I need for a
user to be able to use secureremote/secureclient with IKE only and password
(no digital certificate).

This shouldn't be rocket science, but I'm continually referred to the AMC.

I have a different department that manages these accounts and I don't want
them to have that much access to my LDAP tree because I also use it for
other things.

That's why I've built a web based management app that restricts what they
can get to.

When I tried what I thought would make it work, I got the message in
secureremote that said there was no preshared secret.

What hash method does the preshared secret use? crypt?

If anyone has successfully implemented checkpoint with LDAP without the
annoying Account Management Client, please tell me how.