From: Paul McAtasney [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 7:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Problem with NAT and UDP

Hi,

We're running Checkpoint Firewall-1 V 4.1 SP3 on Solaris 7. We have a
particular machine with a private address behind the firewall and use NAT on
the firewall to give it a public address. It is possible to access the
machine from outside using telnet, ftp, and http. However, when someone from
outside tries to access on a range of UDP ports, there appears to be a
breakdown in NAT. The firewall logs the fact that the packet is received and
the Xlat dest address is OK, however the address passed through on the
internal interface is the external address. It's more confusing since this
doesn't happen every time.

Has anyone any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

Paul.