[FW1] fw.sys error

My win2k FW-1 4.1sp3 is rebooting ~every three minutes.

When boot starts I get an error from NT (black screen), after the
windows login has appeared:

device_irql_not_less_than_or_equal, and the device in error is fw.sys.

I have tried replacing the file (winnt/system32/devices) with another
from the setup to no avail.

Seems like the file is corrupt somehow.

Booting with fw1svc disabled allows everything to work (except FW1 of
course).

Background -

    I inherited this machine with the system installed (not in
production yet) and rules installed.
    Wanted to try to see if it worked instead of rebuilding.
    Added eval license for reporting server and realsecure.
    Ran defrag on the machine last week, and then left it.  This may
have caused the corruption - can't be sure.

Anyone ran into this before?  Fixes?

Andy