[FW1] Dr. Watson with secure SMTP server on NT with FW1 4.0

I have a customer with FW1 version 4.0 and all of a sudden his secure SMTP server is giving one after another Dr Watson error.

I can't imagine it's a license issue because they run an enterprise (unlimited) FW1.

As the doc states: the FW.EXE restarts the SMTP secure server every time, but I regret to see that after 20 DrWatsons or so the Firewall-1 Status shows that the Firewall service stopped.

Any suggestions?  Is this caused by bad messages?  Too many messages?
Are there any registry settings I could change to make the SMTP server more robust so that it doesn't DrWatson anymore?

Thx,
Patrick Coomans