[FW1] Simple firewall question

Hey Group

This is more annoying than anything?

I installed a CP2000 SP3 on NT Firewall last week with a small rulebase (5)
problem is the logs are filling up quickly >1000 a day with rule 0 drops the
only common factor is the reason unknown established TCP packet.

Behind the firewall there is a web server (IIS 4.0) and a database server
(MS SQL 7.0) some postings have suggested increasing the TCP Connection time
in Properties others (including phoneboy) suggest modifying the  #define
ALLOW_NON_SYN_RULEBASE_MATCH line in fwui_head.def

The frequency of these drops may suggest that people accessing our web
servers are suffering unnecessary delays?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Richard Thornton
Webmaster www.show.scot.nhs.uk

Common Services Agency Disclaimer

The information contained in this message may be confidential
or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only.
If you have received this message in error or there are any
problems please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden.