[FW1] Terminating a VPN to a NAT'd firewall

Greetings!

Can any confirm whether it is possible to terminate a VPN to a firewall
with an unroutable IP address sitting behind a router performing NAT?

We've got a remote office that has an Internet Provider that performs NAT
on its Internet router and then routes traffic back to a firewall in the
192.168.100.0/24 address range.  Internet traffic can be routed to the
firewall using the public IP address, but I've never seen a VPN terminate
on a firewall with an "illegal" external IP address sitting behind a router
performing NAT.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Joel