[FW1] Access denied

Hi all

I need help to get the http FW authentication running on a FW module. I am
not sure what could affect the problems I am experiencing. On a
SingleFWMangement station, the http authentication works fine. I am using
for both solutions the same HW and SW platforms.
Any routing issues can be excluded....

Solution1:
NokiaIP440
IPSO 3.3
CP4.1sp3

mgmt station(12.1.1.1)----internet----(13.1.1.1)fw
module-----(172.1.1.1)http_host

I want to access the http_host from any internet stations running IE4.x or
above. To do so, I set up on the management station a rule as following
listed:

anyUsers@any  http_host  http  UserAuth

In the Policy Editor properties tab, I configure a Security Server:
http_host  172.1.1.1  80  none

I try to access the resource from a IE browser and type the URL as following
listed:
http://13.1.1.1/http_host

After trying this, I get an error Access denied. I do not even get prompted
for an FW authentication. When I reconfigure the rule like
anyUser@any  any  http  UserAuth
I do get prompted for a FW authentication, get authenticated on the FW but
do not see the web page.

Do you have any thoughts? I will appreciate any help!

Solution2:
Nokia IP440
CP 4.1sp3

SingleManagement Station & FW1 installed on the same box. The http FW
authentication works fine, I get to the webpage running on a IIS. The only
thing which affects users; As soon as they type in the URL, they have to
press twice enter to get to the FW authentication prompt. Any thought what
that could case this issue?

Thanks you very much!

Mathias Wittwer
Project Engineer
Synergy International
PO Box 11545, l23 Mobil on the Park, 157 Lampton Quay,
Wellington, New Zealand
voice: ++64 4 499 3000, fax: ++64 4 499 0320
http://www.synergy.co.nz