Re: [FW1] OT: harden solaris

Josef!

It seems like no one understood your question.  Let me take a stab at it.

I personally do no know of an excrypted file system for Solaris.  I know
of one for linux, but that doesn't help you.  I can imagine with solaris
you are going to be very limited in your choice and that likely only
comercial solutions are available.

My suggestion is that you zip up the files with a password that you don't
want anyone to see, and then you require it, simply unzip them.

This is VERY cludgy, but what can I say?

--Paul!

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Hartmann, Josef wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thinking about harden solaris but still having a few tools like gzip, snoop
> etc. I am questioning if solaris can mount an encrypted file using loopback
> device?
>

> Thanks
> Josef

"When ever I find even one reason to install Windows on one of my computers, I find dozens of reasons not too." -me