Re: [FW1] Time off on Nokia Cron jobs

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:14:15 -0500, you wrote:

>I've got a kinda weird problem.  I've setup our firewall (Nokia IP440 Ipso
>3.2.1) to tar the config files and TFTP them to a secure location via a CRON
>job.  The problem is that the CRON job runs five hours ahead of the time it
>is set to run at!  I've checked the system time and it is set correctly.
>Via a search on Google I found that another person that had this problem on
>a FreeBSD machine and the fix was to execute /usr/sbin/tzsetup.  Of course
>this is nowhere to be found on these boxes.  Does anyone know of another way
>to fix this?  Is this something that is fixed in IPSO 3.3?

I believe I've seen files ftp'ed to a FreeBSD box exhibit UTC time
rather than local (CDT) time. Perhaps this is the phenomenon you're
observing. In other words, the files only appear to have the wrong
date/time to a local eye.

Other than setting the time via the voyager interface and keeping time
sync'ed via ntp, I'm not sure what you can do.

The old-timey man pages for FreeBSD 2.2.x are available on-line at:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?

This is really a good site for man pages.

--
Ned Fleming