Re: [FW1] OT: harden solaris

As far as I know Soalris 2.[678] doesn't support mouting any kind of
loopback fs. Feel free to flame me if I am very wrong on this
point. :)

Apart from that, there are two ways to this that should be acceptably
secure:

a) use something like /usr/local/bin owned by root:sys with r-x for
owner only, and have statically linked binaries of whatever you need
in here.

b) (my favourite) Always have /root as homedir for root and owned by
root:sys, and permissions rwx for owner only. Under here you have your
own /root/bin, again with things statically linked so there are no
external dependencies.

Both of these assume it is only root that needs to execute these
commands, but it could be modified by using a group in the
/usr/local/bin case to include more users.

Both of these can easily be implemented in the secure driver for
jass-0.2 and quite possibly any other way of installing the machine.

cheers,
Alexander