[FW1] Has anyone truly experienced this

Has anyone successfully implemented VPN-1/FW-1, IKE HYBRID mode, and
SecureRemote so that you can consistently get a NT domain authentication,
map drives, and browse the network neighborhood for hosts across the tunnel
using Win98?  Note:  Win2K works just fine.

I have read the several papers on SDL and configured for split dns (works
great) and setup LMDATA to propagate the necessary WINS data into the
lmhosts for the client.  I've opened up a ticket with CheckPoint that has
been unresolved for over three weeks.  TCP/IP access has no problems and
even accessing the exchange server is ok.  The problems of most concern are:

1) I have never been able to successfully browse the Network Neighborhood
2) I can only map drives if I enter the NT Network Login credentials before
the SecureRemote authentication has occurred.  It appears to cache this
information, thus authenticating me at a later time (once the SecureRemote
authentication has successfully completed).

side note:  If I ever cancel the NT Network Login session (instead of
letting it be cached), I can never re-generate the NT Login unless I
completely log out.  Thus I can't get access through the Tunnel for any
resources that require NT authentication.

Does this really work reliably?