From: Larry Wu [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 10:27 AM
To: 'Fw-1-Mailinglist (E-mail)
Subject: [FW1] Configuring FW-1 to accept Syslog messages from PIX

I have setup our FW-1 to accept SYSLOG messages from our PIX 506.  From the FW-1 Log Viewer I see messages being sent from the PIX to the FW-1 every 2 minutes, but I'm not sure how to view the content of these messages being sent.  I was expecting to see the detail activity of the PIX in the FW-1 log viewer. In instead I only see the passing of the SYSLOG message from the PIX to the FW-1, but not the PIX activity.  Am I wrong in my expectation. If not, do you have any suggestions as to how to view PIX activity on the FW-1 Log viewer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Larry Wu