RE: [FW1] Limit of connections

Claudio,

If you are performing address translation, in addition to increasing the
size of the connection table, you will also need to increase the number
of entries allowed in the NAT table.

You may also need to increase the amount of kernel memory dedicated to
FireWall-1 to compensate for the extra connections.  Each connection
takes 60 bytes of memory.  If a connection requires NAT, an additional
120 bytes are needed.  If a connection is logged in accounting mode, an
extra 72 bytes are needed.  All this is in addition to a "base" amount
of memory (somewhere between 500k and 3 megs) that FireWall-1 will need
to manipulate the state tables, perform logging functions, etc.

HTH,

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity
[email protected]