[FW1] SMTP Security Server

Title: SMTP Security Server

Platform:       Windows NT 4, Firewall-1 SP2.

Hello,
please excuse me if I am asking a question previously posted, I searched and couldn't find.  We're running firewall-1 4.1 SP2 on our firewall, and our exchange server behind the firewall is being attacked via smtp. We allow mail to be sent directly to our mail server, though I'd like to implement a bridgehead mail server to store and forward mail to the internal server.  I was planning on using the SMTP Security service.  I found quite a bit of info on setting it up, and have configured what I think should work.  The rules are in place to allow the firewall to accept mail, and it will if I use a seperate smtp server (ie. M$ smtp service).  If I turn that off, and set to use the SMTP security service, I get an error "No socket".  Obviously because the service is not running.  I have configured everything on the configuration tab, though I think there is something missing.  Could someone help me please?

Matt