[FW1] fw monitor / writing inspect filters

Has anybody got any decent documentation, or links to documents containing
instructions or just basic syntax for writing 'INSPECT' filters?

I'm desperately playing with the fw monitor command in an attempt to
troubleshoot a VPN related problem.

The only examples I have of filters are the following 2 I found on
phoneboy.

fw monitor -e '[9:1]=6, accept;' -l 100 -m iO -x 20 will display all TCP
packets entering and leaving
FireWall-1. Up to 80 bytes of TCP header and data will be displayed
(assuming no IP Options are used)

fw monitor -e 'accept;' -m iI will display all packets entering and
exiting FireWall-1 in the inbound direction (i.e.
before the OS routes the packet).

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jonny Robertson