From: Samuel Wuethrich [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:11 AM
To: Jarmoc, Jeff
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] Out of band Nokia 650 management

The console port doesn't support flow control. That's the main reason, I
think. You can try setting up your modem not to use flow control between DCE
(Modem) and DTE (Nokia) using a normal serial cable (not a null modem
cable). Otherwise, search on the internet like 'modem serial terminal
server'. Sorry, can't remember a name. Third opinion: Use a linuxbox, put in
some serial interface cards like from cyclades (www.cyclades.com) like
http://www.cyclades.com/products/svrbas/zseries.htm.

sAM